- Each traveller is usually entitled to have only one MAIN piece of luggage weighing up to 23 kg, and only one hand luggage weighing up to 8 kg. Some airlines however, allow less weight for luggage, or, they charge extra for the 23 + 8 kg. Please check with our Agency for the weight of the baggage that you are entitled to take with you before you travel.
- Every person entering or leaving the European Union and transferring cash of a value equal to or greater than € 10,000 has to declare this amount to the authorities of the Member State through which he enters or leaves the European Union, in accordance with Regulation 1889/2005.
- Both the U.S. Dollar and the European Euro are accepted abroad. Coins of small values are hardly exchanged or accepted abroad – Only paper currency. For daily small expenses and for the churshes, travellers are advised to exchange Euros in local currency, or to have coins (EUROES) of 2€, 1€ and 50 Minutes (not smaller).
- Professional videocameras and photographic machines MUST BE DECLARED upon leaving or entering the EU.
- Travellers are advised to carry with them on their trip necessary things only in order to have as little weight as possible.
- If a multi-day trip is planned with several hotel changes with stays of 1 or 2 nights, then it will be very useful for travellers to have with them a small auxiliary bag in order to avoid numerous loadings and unloadings of the main luggage from the bus.
- Mobile phones operate abroad by using foreign mobile telephone networks. Please contact your mobile telephone company for more details about cost of calls, roaming services, etc..
USEFUL OBJECTS FOR YOUR TRIP
A cane, and an umbrella for the sun and for the rain.
A bottle (preferably a thermos) for drinking water and little plastic bottles for Holy water, myrrh etc.
A small folding stool for the churches and especially for the church of the Resurrection where there are NO stalls.
- Dangerous items such as compressed gases, gas canisters, flammable materials, corrosive materials, acids, oxygen devices, lead batteries, mercury devices, explosives, fireworks, flares, solvent paints, lighters with LPG, poisonous and contaminated substances, insecticides, herbicides, materials with live viruses, radioactive materials, and magnetic materials that cause annoyance, ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE TRANSFERRED IN THE LUGGAGE OF PASSENGERS.
- Sharp objects such as scissors, nail clippers, needles, knives, flick knives, tools, and swords are ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE TRANSFERRED IN THE HAND-LUGGAGE OF PASSENGERS.